The beetroot in this vegan and gluten-free cake gives it a great moistness, depth of flavour, and is healthy too. The crunchy nutty topping adds texture, as well as making it look great.
Beetroot has been found to be great for the circulation, having the potential to lower blood pressure, whilst supporting circulation to the brain. Having it regularly in your diet may therefore help to provide the brain with the nutrients it needs to keep you healthy and alert, and may reduce your risk of heart attack and dementia.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ᵒC. Line two 20cm round tins with baking parchment.
2. Place the beetroots in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a few drops of water if necessary.
3. Whisk the almond milk and the cream of tartar together and set aside for approximately five minutes.
4. Add half the pureed beetroot, sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract into the almond milk and whisk until frothy.
5. Sift in the remaining ingredients and whisk until combined.
6. Divide the mixture between the two prepared tins, and bake for approximately 30mins, until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Leave to cool in the tins.
8. Meanwhile, make the icing by placing all the icing ingredients in a food processor and blending until smooth.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Inspiration for a healthy life!Click here for the blog
8 healthy, hearty and delicious homemade soups.Click here to download
Watch the video
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!