Sweet potato and goat’s cheese are just delicious together. Served with fresh salad or lots of veg, this tasty vegetarian dish is a great meal for all the family.
Great for the nervous system, sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, which is known as the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
1. Line a 26cm diameter baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Peel both sweet potatoes and floury potatoes and slice into 3mm thick pieces. Blanch for 2minutes in salted boiling water. Drain, plunge them into cold water and drain once more.
3. Rub the oil, Herbamare® seasoning salt and pepper into the potatoes. Arrange half of both types of potatoes on a prepared baking dish in the shape of a rosette, working from the centre outwards.
4. Chop the carrots and leeks into small pieces and mix with the rosemary, hazelnuts, horseradish and 100g of goat’s cheese.
5. Spread carrot and leek mixture over the potato base. Arrange remaining potatoes over the mixture in the shape of a rosette, working from the outside in. Top with remainder of cheese.
6. Bake the pie in a preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until potatoes turn brown at the edges.
Can also be served as a starter for 4 people.
Irene is a passionate cook and talented baker who is known for her delicious cakes and her hearty soups, as well as healthy and wholesome recipes..
Inspiration for a healthy life!Click here for the blog
8 healthy, hearty and delicious homemade soups.Click here to download
Watch the video
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!