Healthy legs exercise program for varicose veins
To keep healthy legs, there are no big secrets : we all have to maintain a good muscle mass and circulation in our legs. How? By regularly practising specific exercises.
- Extend your legs forward.
- Point your toes towards the ceiling, maintain for 10 seconds then release.
- Point your toes towards the floor, maintain for 10 seconds then release.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3, 10 times.
- Rotate your feet at the ankles.
- Start with 2 series of 15 movements. turning them first clockwise.
- Then counter-clockwise.
- Between each series, take 20 seconds to rest.
- Increase the number of series progressively.
- Standing, legs parallel.
- Rock back and forth from your toes to your heel.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times.
- Rest for 10 seconds.
- Redo steps 2 to 4, 5 times.
Pedaling stimulates regular contraction of the leg muscles and activates blood circulation. If you are not active, you can nevertheless add to your evening routine 10 minutes of exercises:
- Lie down on your back and raise your legs.
- Make treading movements.
- Start with 4 series of 15 movements.
- Rest for 20 seconds in between each series.
- Increase gradually the number of movements per series.