Looking for a vegan alternative to the traditional beef burger – look no further... Not only are these quinoa burgers really tasty, but they are packed full of goodness too.
Quinoa is higher in protein than other grains and cereals. Protein is necessary for tissue growth and repair. Quinoa is also a good source of magnesium, a mineral important for nerve and muscle function.
1. Boil the quinoa, until tender, approximately 15 minutes.
2. Briefly sauté the shallots and garlic.
3. Boil the sweet potato, then mash.
4. In a large bowl combine the quinoa, shallots and garlic with the herbs, spices and sweet potato mash. Mix well.
5. Form the mixture into small patties.
6. Fry the patties for three minutes on each side.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Inspiration for a healthy life!Click here for the blog
8 healthy, hearty and delicious homemade soups.Click here to download
Watch the video
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!