A great addition to any summer BBQ, grilled shrimp is so easy to make. Marinated in a delicious mix of shallots, garlic, ginger, pepper, soy sauce and peanut oil, this recipe is by far my favourite. Serve with red lentil puree for even more flavour.
Shrimps are great for your looks! They contain important beauty minerals such as the antioxidant astaxanthin, which helps to protect the skin from premature ageing. The healthy Omega -3 fatty acid in shrimps also helps lift low mood and ease aching joints.
1. Prepare shrimp skewers: Slice the chillies lengthwise, remove the seeds and chop finely.
2. Mix with the shallots, garlic, ginger, pepper, soy sauce and peanut oil and grind to a paste.
3. Bruise the end of the lemongrass to make a sharp point and skewer the shrimps. Cover in the paste and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
4. Make the lentil puree. First, wash and drain the lentils. Bring the lentils and ginger to the boil and then simmer until all the water has been absorbed. Mix the lentils with the coconut milk, Herbamare® Original seasoning salt, curry powder and turmeric. Add in the juice and zest of ½ a lime. Blend in a food processor, and add water if necessary to reach desired consistency. Add the peanut oil a drop at a time.
5. Grill or lightly fry the shrimp skewers.
6. Serve the skewers with heated puree.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.
Inspiration for a healthy life!Click here for the blog
8 healthy, hearty and delicious homemade soups.Click here to download
Watch the video
Nature is just about the best thing we’ve got!