How to make Muesli Bars
1. Chop the apricots and dates. Dissolve the sugar, cinnamon and salt in the carrot juice. Add the fruit and leave to soak overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 30cm x 35cm baking tray.
3. Puree the fruit mixture, though not too finely. Lightly toast the almonds, kernels and seeds in a non-stick frying pan.
4. Remove from the heat, add the butter and allow to melt. Combine the fruit puree with the muesli flakes and mix well.
5. Transfer the mixture to the lined baking tray and smooth out. Bake in centre of the oven for 25-30mins until golden brown.
6. Leave in baking tray to cool, then cut into pieces, approx. 3 x 10cm.
Rachel is an avid cook who has a passion for creating healthy meals and treats for her friends and family to enjoy and now you can enjoy them too.